If you are a medical professional and have patients that suffer from dry mouth, please reach out at email@example.com or fill out our contact form to discuss Oral7's range of proven dry mouth products.
The Oral7® range of oral care products contain natural enzymes to assist the functions of healthy saliva, thus keeping your mouth moist and balanced.
Medical conditions and treatments affecting oral health
There are a number of medical conditions and treatments that can disturb a healthy mouth:
- Sjögren’s Syndrome
- Kidney dialysis
These can limit the flow of saliva which can lead to ‘Dry Mouth’ (Xerostomia). A dry mouth can cause tooth decay, bad breath, gum disease and aphthous ulcers when the mouth’s natural flora is disturbed, allowing harmful bacteria to flourish.
Enjoy the lubricating experience of the new OralSeven® Oral7® range of oral care products especially developed for your daily comfort! The new OralSeven® Oral7® range of oral care products are extra beneficial for Dry Mouth sufferers.
Many of today’s oral care products contain SLS(1) or alcohol that can dry out the mouth following constant use. Now experience the difference:
- Oral7® Toothpaste – no harsh drying or foaming detergent Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
- Oral7® Mouthwash – no alcohol
Oral7® Moisturising Mouth Gel – soothes, lubricates and protects the mouth and gums for up to 7 hours.
Extra beneficial for those suffering from Dry Mouth.
We all moisturise our face, hands and/or body on a daily basis. Why not moisturise the mouth and gums? When it comes to oral health, it is not only the teeth that need a little TLC (Tender Loving Care), but the gums and inside of the mouth need looking after too. Oral7's enzymes boost the benefits of natural saliva.
The mouth – a complex bio-system
The mouth is protected by a delicately balanced bio-system of enzymes and lubricants in the saliva allowing ‘good bacteria’ to flourish and inhibiting the growth of ‘bad bacteria’.
Many activities or situations can cause the mouth to produce less saliva, upsetting the delicate balance of the mouth’s flora:
- Drinking alcohol
- Prolonged air travel
- Sleeping (especially mouth breathers)
- Strenuous physical activity
In addition, many widely used and often prescribed medications(2) can cause the mouth to cry out for moisture, e.g.:
The Oral7® range of oral care products contains natural enzymes to assist the functions of healthy saliva, thus keeping your mouth moist and balanced, helping to prevent dry mouth.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, a synthetic foaming detergent.
- Over 1,800 prescription and non-prescription drugs (Sreebny, L. M., D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., “A useful source for the Drug – Dry Mouth Relationship”, Journal of Dental Education, Vol. 68, Nr. 1).
- Many pregnant women experience swollen and bleeding gums caused by a build-up of plaque (bacteria) on the teeth. The hormonal changes that take place in the body during pregnancy can cause the plaque to make the gums more inflamed.